Thursday, October 15, 2009

1. I want to read my brand new copy of Gone with the Wind with Astro tucked into bed around my feet.

2. I want to bake pizzas and listen to my parents repeat their a-pizza-is-no-dinner lecture.

3. I want to listen to Mamma hum some old Bangla song while cooking in the kitchen.

4. I want to watch silently as my friends talk, hit, tease, swear and just generally be themselves.

5. I want to open my closet and read the letter that Pooja gave me on the last day of college.

6. I want to buy chunky, daring and bright earrings for my sister and watch her show them off to me proudly and say "you'd never carry something like this off anyway."

7. I want to trick Dad into saying September which he lisps and pronounces as "Sectemper."

8. I want to tease my Nani about how pretty she gets with age and watch her blush.

9. I want a call from a cousin.

10.I want to go to Blossoms to browse, Java City to chat, K C Das to gorge on desserts, Ulsoor lake to unwind my mind, Calcutta for a holiday...on on and on.

A list of ordinary happiness.

4 comments:

Darkness and deep said...

whoa!!! too much. My next was suppose to be about "I-Want-to" , and was suppose to end with kolkata trip. Unsettling coincidence. But Naice :)

Raison d'ĂȘtre said...

wow!! someone is back!! :)

Raison d'ĂȘtre said...

11. Visiting APD

12. Reading a splendid text on Psyche.

13. Having an awesome cup of coffee

14. Engaging in talks about your Kid and his lovely ex-girlfriend and his new annoying love interest.

15. Giving that spontaneous hug.

Pooja said...

Bum it's a truly touchin post :) it's amazin how d simplest of things r d ones tat touch us d most :) I smiled thruout :) esp at d 5th point :) at d end of d day, it's not d big things tat make life worth it, it's all those li'l li'l things tat make U feel like grand things have happened n U feel so happy abt them... :)